Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #849

Portrait for bruce

by: bruce
November 9th, 2008
Continuous snyc
Hi.  Found WT the other day and installed it on Win08SE.  I only had i real issue with it: both the window title and the pop-up from the task bar showed the correct time with yesterday´s date.  Later, I noticed that the time wasn´t updating with the clocks.

This evening, WT offered to update the program and I let it.  Now it continually tries to synchronize with the result that my PC freezes.  The retry is so fast that the sound for failure is cut off by the new sync attempt.  I tried bringing up the clocks window when I started this and it just got to where the titles of the clocks are showing.

One other issue that I have (and it is not limited to WT) is that the readme file displays as html source and I can´t figure out how to make it readable.

I´ll wait to report an error in trying to read the sync log until I can check if it has already been fixed.

I love WT as I can get the correct Westminster chimes.

Bruce

PS:  I just brought up Task Manager and see that there are three (3) entries for Timesync as well as Winoldap!  Ended 2 of them then 2 more started!  Ended the main program and while ending the second Timesync, the PC rebooted!  I managed to keep WT from starting, took it out of my StartUp folder and restored ATT with its half hour chime!  (Wished I could find this for Linux.  Then I could quit using that unsupported OS!)

Discussion:
Portrait for bruce

November 12th, 2008
Continuous snyc
Opps!  It wouldn´t let me correct the correct folder to ...World Timedata

These posts don´t like {BackSlash}!
Portrait for bruce

November 12th, 2008
Continuous snyc
Ok! I´ve removed the "new" WT and re-installed my original Version 6.0.0.941 and it is working as I remembered it.

I no longer have any date or time in the title bar and the pop-up is correct.

The one issue remaining is that when I click to view the Sync Log, it says the it can´t find wtsynclog.wtd in ...World Time!  The correct folder is ...World Time/data.

Bruce

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web development: PawPrint.net