Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #789

hrlewis has no photo

by: hrlewis
September 24th, 2007
WHAT THE @%$&*% IS I/O ERROR 32??????
I have used WT6 (build 941)since it was first available (and WT5 before it), and loved it. One day, about three months ago, I booted up (for the second time that day - no problem with the morning boot), and was presented with "Configuration File not found. File will be removed". The only option offered was "OK". (How can a file be removed that canīt be found?)

A second dialog box appeared immediately - "I/O Error 32" - with the same choice of options - "OK". This error appears every time I try to use the Location manager - sometimes twice on the same clock. I have tried to find a reason for this error on Google, but have found a consensus that nobody really knows what causes it or how to fix the problem.

I run Win2K-SP4, and have never been bothered with crashes, per se, but this problem comes pretty close. WT6 is the only app that has ever caused the problem on my machine. Although I reconfigured the clocks, when I rebooted the next morning, the same thing happened. After wasting several hours, I finally dumped WT6 and reinstalled WT5, which runs fine, but I miss the quickness and ease of use found in WT6.

I hope someone can tell me what causes this error message, and how to either fix it it or work around it.

Cheers, and Vive WT5.

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
September 24th, 2007
WGAT THE @%$&*% IS I/O ERROR 32??????
Usually IO Error 32 is a sharing violation. Something else (possibly even another copy of WT ) has opened the file and done so in a mode that does not allow the type of access you are requesting.

This is most likely caused by a duplicate shortcut to start WT - so both instances are trying to access and write to the config file at the same time - just check to be sure you donīt have two shortcuts in your startup.

--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
XDe Modular CMS: PawPrint.net