Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #733

tanaats has no photo

by: tanaats
May 5th, 2007
Canīt save new configuration in Visat
I just installed WorldTime on Vista.  After configuring some clocks I close the window.  When I start WT up again it comes up with the default configuration.  My new clocks are gone.  How can I save my configuration?  Thanks for any help.

Discussion:
paulg has no photo

by: paulg
May 12th, 2007
The obvious question is, would you consider updating the program for Vista?

I do not currently have Vista but I assume that the directory "C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data" or similar exists and would be the place to add a directory for World Time to hold the files that need to be written to.  
tanaats has no photo

May 6th, 2007
I wouldnīt have upgraded to Vista, but it came on my new computer.  It locks up on my occasionally and I have to do a hard boot.  I havenīt had that happen to me for a loooooong time.  The last time I remember it i when the blue screen of death was common.  I would definitely recommend not to go on Vista when you donīt have to.  

I am just amazed at what a great package WT is, by the way.  Thanks much.  
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
May 6th, 2007
I find this quite funny actually.

I purposely set-up WorldTime so that it no longer uses the Windows Registry because that was considered a security risk by many (and a pain in the butt if you want to copy your config to another computer) So I made sure it keeps all itīs files to itself, working only out of itīs own installation directory. Now it seems Micro$oft has decided that any software that tries to be polite like that is a security risk. Gotta love the big-brother approach.

Yeesh!

Thanks for the update - Iīm sure others will have that same problem (man Iīm glad I donīt have to use Vista yet)

--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
tanaats has no photo

May 5th, 2007
Canīt save new configuration in Vista
Never mind, Iīve got it.  Itīs Vista security.  WT apparently writes to its own home directory in Program Files.  So either it has to be run with administrator priviliges or else it has to be installed somewhere else.  

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net