Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #104

paulg has no photo

by: paulg
April 6th, 2004
Alarms Do Not Recognize DST change
THIS IS A GREAT PROGRAM. I HAVE USED IT FOR YEARS. THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE. PAULG

When I try to reuse an alarm, created before the DST change, after the DST change the alarm does not trigger at the correct time. The alarm goes off immediately if the change was from DST to Standard time and an hour late if the change was from Standard time to DST. I have to create a new alarm to get it to go off at the correct time. This happens with 5.0 and 6.0.0.937. I just missed updating to 6.0.0.941 before the DST change this month. Version .941 appears to have the same problem. I just tried reusing an alarm created with the .937 version and the alarm did not go off at the selected time. The alarm I reused went off an hour late as expected.

This may not be a big deal for alarms that are set for only one time but if the alarm repeats across a DST change then the alarm will be at the wrong time unless all pending alarms are recreated after the DST change before they are scheduled to go off.

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net