Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #791

ctc has no photo

by: ctc
October 4th, 2007
sync conflict w/ Outlook: World Time freezes
I am running Windows XP Pro, SP2. I have been using World time for several years on this computer with no problems. A few months ago World Time stopped responding after I opened the program (splash screen is disabled). I just realized that it is due to a conflict with Outlook 2003 SP2. World Time only hangs/freezes when I have Outlook opened. Otherwise it works perfectly fine. I think the issue is being caused by a conflict with the Outlook Connector (a Microsoft add-in that allows Hotmail to sync with Outlook). This is not a standard COM add-in (to be sure, I disabled all my COM add-ins in Outlook to confirm they weren´t causing World Time to freeze - they weren´t causing the conflict).

I have confirmed this is not a firewall issue (I disabled the firewall and the problem still occurs).

As a workaround, I have disabled the auto sync under synchronization settings, as well as turned off "sync each connect" under the network settings in World Time. This seems to fix the problem and allows World Time to run normally.

I´m not sure if this bug can be fixed, but wanted to make others aware of it (since it took me 3 months to figure it out).

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web development: PawPrint.net