search
Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #339

ron has no photo

by: ron
December 7th, 2004
DON"T give up older Date Format options ....
I´ve been using - and still do use 5.5.2.748 - and display many clocks as I have to deal with many places around the world.  With so many clocks, you have to keep the DATE format short, if you want the total display of clocks to be as small as possible.

Hence, the Date Format option of choice was DDD (it actually displays in Ddd format - incidentally - which is better than if all CAPS were used as the displayed format suggests.)  In looking at a world clock, there is always only TWO week-days displayed, no matter what time it is anywhere in the world - and what I need to see at a glance is which of those Days it is at a displayed location.

So... on deciding to help with development by also using the latest BETA version, I was disappointed in finding that DDD or Ddd was not a current date format option.

I must note too, that having a M/D is rather silly for multiple clocks - the month does change, yes, and it is needed for many other reasons (display on the local home clock, for example), but only the DAY is important when looking at many locations on any given day across the world.

Bottom line - I hope that as you write this program, more date options are planned - particularly keeping those that people have become accustomed to using in older versions of this very handy and useful tool!

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net