search
Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #296

webbski has no photo

by: webbski
November 2nd, 2004
World Time does not sybchronise after loading Zone Alarm.
I am based in U.K. and have used World Time under Windows 98SE for some years now with no problems, but since loading the Free Version of Zone Alarm I find that I cannot synchronise automatically or manually with any server. Can anyone out there assist, please?

Discussion:
webbski has no photo

by: webbski
November 16th, 2004
World Time does not sybchronise after loading Zone Alarm.
Hello ´grugeon´ and ´deando au´,

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to reply so fully to my query re synchronisation. Pleased to say problem now solved. Cheers!
´Webbski´

Portrait for deando_au

by: deando_au
November 2nd, 2004
Re: World Time does not sybchronise after loading Zone Alarm.
Make sure that ZoneAlarm is configured to allow the timesync server access to the net from your computer.
How? Double click the ZoneAlarm icon in the running processes block on the right hand end of your Windows task bar, at the foot of your screen. In the left column in the ZoneAlarm overview panel, click on the "Program Control" tab. Then the "Programs" tab. Check the list of programs for the "World Time NTP Syncronization Module" and the "The Ultimate Virtual Timepeice" programs, making sure these are present in the list and both the "Access" columns are checked. If the programs are not in the list you can add them manually by clicking the "Add" button in the ZoneAlarm "Program Control" panel. Then check the Access columns as mentioned above. This should rectify the problem.

--
Regards,
Deano....
Portrait for grugeon

by: grugeon
November 2nd, 2004
Re: World Time does not sybchronise after loading Zone Alarm.
Hi Webbski

Open Zone Alarm (Double-click the systray icon)and select Program Control on the left, then the Programs tab.
find a program called World Time NTP Synchronisation Module and tick the first two columns to allow access to the trusted and internet zones.

If the program is not listed you may need to add it.  Click add and browse to C:Program FilesPawPrint.netWorldTimetimesync.exe.  Click OK then tick the first two columns.
--
David Grugeon

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net