Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #197

johntal has no photo

by: johntal
August 22nd, 2004
UTC time in all folder headings
I have version 5.5.2.748 running well under Windows XP SP2.  The only difficulty is that it insists on adding the UTC date and time to the title bar for each open folder when said folder is given the focus.  (The UTC info goes away when the focus is shifted elsewhere.)

I have no need at all for any UTC information, nor for any  synchronisation of World Time´s clocks via time server sites, and have this feature disabled.

I have searched the manual and this forum for clues, but no success has been mine.

I´d be most grateful for any pointers which might enable a solution to be approached.

My e-mail address is johnt@melbpc.org.au

TIA

John Talbot,
Member MelbPC User Group,
Melbourne, Australia

Discussion:
hrlewis has no photo

by: hrlewis
October 24th, 2004
Re: UTC time in all folder headings
The UTC time is the default when a Titlebar clock is used.

To access the switch, right ckick on the UTC clock on the display. A menu will pop up. Hover on ´Display.´ A secondary menu will appear. At the bottom of this menu you will see ´Titlebar Clock´ with a check mark next to it. Click on that once to uncheck it.

If you want to use your local clock to display the time in the active window Titlebar, right click on the clock you want to use, and follow the same method.

Alternatively, if you do not want the time displayed in the active window Titlebar, click on the ´Preferences´ icon in the toolbar of the main display. In the resulting dialog box, click the ´Display Clocks´ tab. Uncheck the box at the top of the page ´Activate Titlebar Clock´ - click ´OK´.

Glad to help.

Bob.

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web development: PawPrint.net