PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #251

sam has no photo

by: sam
October 12th, 2004
Synchronize Now button doesnīt work
I am running version 5.5.2.748.
I am a Windows XP user.  World Time used to work fine on Windows 98, but I havenīt used the "sync" feature since moving to Windows XP.  Pressing the Synchronize Now button produces no action that I can see.  There is not even a Log file to look at.

Discussion:
gerry has no photo

by: gerry
October 17th, 2004
Re: Synchronize Now button doesnīt work
I have the stable (5.5) and betas (5.9 and 6.0) running on XP and never had a problem with not being able to synchronize.  I even had the 5.5 version running in Win ME, and upgraded to XP Pro. The thought that crosses my mind for you maybe that you are using the M$ firewall and havenīt configured it for the previously installed version; perhaps it wasnīt automatically detected and requires manual intervention (is that possible?--Iīve never used the XP Firewall).  By installing 6.0, the M$ firewall detected the need to allow it to pass through and synchronize.  Iīve been using 3rd party firewalls since 1999-ish, so I disabled the XP firewall from the start.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling WT 5.5 after the upgrade to XP?

I still canīt discuss XP SP2 and Worldtime issues as I have not been able to get SP2 to run after installation (unless you call a 4 hour startup running).  And again, SP2 defaults to the M$ firewall.
sam has no photo

by: sam
October 12th, 2004
Thanks, Iīll try that.
Portrait for deando_au

by: deando_au
October 12th, 2004
Yeah Sam. I had a similar problem with WT5. So I changed to WT6. No more time-sync problems now...
--
Regards,
Deano....

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net