Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #217

negh_var has no photo

by: negh_var
September 18th, 2004
"Support" forum? Yeah sure...
This program is really good for ppl who have contacts around the world which most people with email do have.  And for business use too.  Itīs just a pity i wonīt be recommending it to anyone as thereīs no support apparent for it!!  Itīs a shame that such a good program gets created and then nothing is done with it, itīs just dropped and not improved or debugged.

Discussion:
jarron has no photo

by: jarron
September 22nd, 2004
Re: "Support" forum? Yeah sure...
I love this program and appreciate the fact that it is offered for free.

I installed beta version 6 a long time ago, I believe it was very soon after the first beta version became available (a couple years ago or so?)

It had some bugs, so I tried the stable version.  I liked version 6 better so I reinstalled it and worked around the bugs.  It took some time and frustration, Iīm not extremely knowlegeable, but by exploring the files I was able to get it working exactly as I wanted.

Some of the problems I had was putting in my location (I donīt live any where near a major city), changing the name of clocks (specifically "Sadaam Baghdad", or whatever) and changing a default time zone.  I havenīt had any major bugs.

Unfortunately along with not being a computer expert I also have a short memory.  All I remember off hand is it seems the problems I listed was solved by opening "WTLocMan" in Windows Explorer and playing with it rather than getting it to work from the GUI.

I recently found this forum and see some people have some of the same problems.  I tend to shy away from posting on forums because there are people who are much more experts than I am and, like the creator of Worldtime, my time isnīt unlimited.  

I decided to join this forum though because it has to be frustrating to make a great program available for free after much time and work, and then seemingly get more complaints than thanks.

Also Baldyīs very apt comments sort of shamed me into it.  Donīt expect me to be much help, but I hope I can help a little.
Portrait for baldy_aussie

by: baldy_aussie
September 21st, 2004
Re: "Support" forum? Yeah sure...
1) This is a PEER TO PEER Support Forum! In other words, if you see a problem listed here which you have overcome / solved, POST YOUR FINDINGS! That way others with the same problem / issue may be able to see the solution.

2) Both World Time and VersaVerter are FREEWARE! - ie the authors receive NO INCOME from these offerings, therefore they CANNOT be expected to spend a lot of time on support.

3) If you have a problem or question, POST IT! - if you have an Answer or solution - POST IT! - if you use the Application(s), VISIT the Forums REGULARLY and post as appropriate - Q or A.

It is ONLY by Users POSTING that Problems, Issues, Bugs etc. are resolved. It is quite evident upon reading through these Forums that MANY of the Users with problems just plain donīt understand Computers in general, and how Freeware works in particular. Thaat in itself is not a problem, the problem comes when people grab the Freeware, do NOT read the instructions, and do NOT support the Freeware by visiting and Posting to the Forums.

Baldy

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net