PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #141

worldtimer has no photo

by: worldtimer
May 7th, 2004
SUGGESTION - NEW FUTURE! NOON sound!
Scott  I would like to make  another  suggestion   for  version 6.0.0.941:

To allow  that  mp3  be played in addition to wave!

To provide two  extra  sound selection windows  to allow  to play specific  sound  for  NOON  and to allow to play mp3  with i.e  wake up alarm!

Some  clocks  do  have  a  melody, fanfar, trumpet, goats  cookoo  which will announce  NOON!

Also  I  would like to  add  a sound of  cookoo  as  well  as  few  melodies  for  noon.

I added  a  sound of  cookoo  but it starts  with  bell beat  which I don´t like.

Also  for  chimes  we  may  allow  to   repeat  x times the  sound  like  for  15 minutes  once, 30 minutes twice  45 minutes  3 times.

This  should  not  be   very  difficult  to add additional  slot in clock control panel.

If Scott  is  ever bored on flights: "one more  worth to think about  would  be  auto  Volume  control  for  sounds."

For  locations  I  would like to allow  to display names of  States  in US  or  countries  in  addition to cities.

I  would  like  also to include locations of Stock   Market  like i.e.  Wall Street.

Have you ever  considered  integrated   band of   ticker  symbols  for  Stock Market?

I  would  like to see this  beautiful design available  for  LINUX RedHat  (fedora)  or  SuSe   as this is  and http://www.quotetracker.com are  the only programs  missing  from  Linux ;)))

Other  wise I will NEVER use windows  anymore!

I  wish to have  more  flexible  sellection of  colors  for  font display for  digital  clock display,   i.e  using  hex  codes, or  RGB  as  well as  BACKGROUBD  COLOR  selection  for  analog  clock face plate  displays (!!!!).

Here  on 12 hours  display  we could  introduce  shading  for  day and  night  or  display of  moon or  sun "icon".

I  would like also for  digital  numbers  ROMAN numbers PLEASE!

Back in about  1998  I   have introduced  to Scott  several suggestions i.e.  to add  BigBen sounds  and  all were  beautifully implemented  by Scott!

One  more  future  will be  to allow  WORLD TIME TO schedule and START  a couple of  programs in sequences  at given time  (i.e.  Virus Scan,  scumware  removal,  mp3 player (WinAmp)  or  slide show).

The  next    could   be  to  incorporate  slide  show of  pictures  from PC as it is  done with  some  WinAmp  skins.

Fair Winds  Scott!

P.S.

Provided  is  stunning  picture  from  ThunderBird  crash  in  2003, where pilot Capt. Chris Stricklin crashed during Thunderbird  demonstration at   Mountain Home AB, Idaho.

Photo ( the image is not cleared for public release)  taken by:

"I have noticed all over the internet the shot I had taken of the Thunderbird crash at Mountain Home AFB, ID and though I am not at liberty to share the photo; it is out there. I would like to end some speculation and let you know the photo is real.

I´m a Still Photographer for the USAF and I was stationed at MHAFB during the air show. I was on the catwalk of the tower at Mtn Home along with another photog (video) and about seven other (military) spectators. I have shot the T-birds from the tower before and I was pretty excited to do it again (the sky was perfect blue). I followed Thunderbird 6 from takeoff and watched as he pulled into his maneuver. I then noticed something seemed to be wrong, his direction was a little off; he was pulling out and heading right towards the tower. At this point I figured two things: 1. He´s either going to fly past this tower and we´ll feel the heat or 2. This is going to be ugly... I waited for the aircraft to level and clicked the shutter, what I saw through the lens will never go away...

At the same time as I shot I seen a flash of light and horrific sound. I was shooting on high speed continuous and the next couple frames were a ball of fire and my feet, right before I ran. We all ran to the other side of the tower, I tried to get everyone in along with my partner and finally made it in myself. By the time we got inside the 16 had stopped sliding and rested about 100 ft in front of the tower. I then continued documenting the work of our base firefighters as they put out the flames. It was an experience and though I can´t officially make any comments to the matter, I would like to say Capt Stricklin saved lives... enough said."

SSgt Bennie J. Davis III
Still Photographer, USAF
with a D1x with a 300mm, 2.8 @ 1000 and 2000

The pilot of USAF FY/N 87-0327,  Capt. Chris Stricklin, misjudged the altitude required to perform a split-S manoeuvre and started the pull down at only 1,670ft (510m) instead of the required 2,500ft (760m). The error most likely resulted from using an incorrect airfield altitude. Capt. Stricklin ejected only 8/10 of a second, at an altitude of 140ft (42m), before impact.

Video:  

http://www.f-16.net/PhotoGallery/album44/aby.mpg

http://www.f-16.net/PhotoGallery/album44/acb.wmv

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_mishaps_airframe-2353.html

Uploaded Image

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web development: PawPrint.net