Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #87

Portrait for deando_au

by: deando_au
April 2nd, 2004
Adding/Changing Location entries
I´m having difficulty with the locations manager. I´ve just updated to version 6.0.0.941. and I can´t enter or update any information in the location manager.

The program wants to enter it´s own timezone, longitude, latitude data totally ignoring whatever I enter in those fields.

Can someone please help???
--
Regards,
Deano....

Discussion:
paulg has no photo

by: paulg
April 6th, 2004
Re: Adding/Changing Location entries
I found the same problem in 6.0.0.937 as well as the latest version .941. I was able to make it work by entering the data for the new site and clicking the Add button. I then selected the new site with the wrong data, corrected the data and did an Update. There are now two entries for the same location but the data is correc in both. When I deleated one of the locations then the data became incorrect. I had to delete the location and start over.  

There is another peculiarity with the Location Manager. If I choose a Daylight Savings Time Rule such as
(0000000123: North America (Used throughout most of N. do tAmerica)) in my case and click the Add button the text in the DST rule window changes to 123:North America. If I now change some of the data and click update I get an error  message "´123: North´ is not a valid integer value". When I use the list box then it works fine.

Portrait for deando_au

by: deando_au
April 5th, 2004
Thank you for your input. But it´s the location manager module that I´m having the problems with.

The (Location Manager) program will not permit the entry of correct, timezone, longitude or latitude. Every time I enter MY data in those fields, the program changes the field values and records those values it changed to instead ov mine. Thus it appears the problem is a bug in the Location Manager program rather than a user caused one.
--
Regards,
Deano....
traveller has no photo

by: traveller
April 4th, 2004
Well, I tried to add a location, but something is wrong cause I was not able to put down a -6 on UTC.

Also Latitude and Longitude I typed in doesnt register even it registered the new location name!
p_nicol@msn.com has no photo

by: p_nicol@msn.com
April 4th, 2004
The application to effect your location entries is circled in the screenshot. Hope it helps. A full sized copy of the image is available at http://www.sioux-online.com/~p_nicol/screenshot.jpg
Uploaded Image

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
XDe Modular CMS: PawPrint.net