Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #409

owesan has no photo

by: owesan
April 6th, 2005
Time in Australia
Have just set up & all Aust times are 1 Hr fast Has any one any ideas?

Discussion:
htreisman has no photo

by: htreisman
October 20th, 2005
Time in Australia
There is an easier way to fix this (although not as "correct"). Donīt delete anything, just make sure that both the Australia (plain) and Austrlia Olympics start and end dates are set to last Sunday in October.

Howard
geoffh has no photo

by: geoffh
May 6th, 2005
Time in Australia
Thanks, this has been driving me mad.  I now understand more about WorldTime - a nice program, but maybe someone should fix Australia on the download.
dean.collins has no photo

by: dean.collins
May 4th, 2005
Time in Australia
sensational thanks for that, was about to toss out this software, was driving me nuts.
Portrait for grugeon

by: grugeon
April 6th, 2005
Time in Australia
First check that your local clock is set to the right location.  (right click, This clock, Configure)  If that one seems OK then you need to check the DST rules.  

Go into the directory (C:program filespawprint.networldtime) and run dstman.exe

On the WorldTime Rules tab delete the Sydney Olympics entry.

Click ythe entry 0000000122: Australia and make sure the entries are
   Last Sunday October 2:00 AM bias 60
   Last Sunday March 3:00 AM bias 0

Then click update.
Then save (Ctrl-s)

Now close this.

Then Open WTLocMan.exe

select Australia (click the plus)
Then the State
Then the city

If the city is in NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, or South Australia the DST rule should be
0000000122: Australia ()
Otherwise it should be
0000000124: Unknown (A DST Rule (if any) is not known)

The UTC Offset should be 10 for Qld, Vic. NSW, Tas
9.5 for NT, SA
8 for WA

Each time you change a location you click update and then have to reselect Australia and the state and the next city.

When you have done all the Cities you can close the window

then RESTART WORLDTIME

Then right click the relevant clock, This clock, Configure  and reselect the location.  It should have the right time and rules.

HTH

--
David Grugeon

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web development: PawPrint.net