search
Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #987

mareke has no photo

by: mareke
February 7th, 2012
Versaverter 4 Alpha 5 Installer Corrupt?
On downloading the latest Versaverter Version 4 Alpha 5 release & unzipping it with Winzip the following error is reported by Winzip:

Warning: skipping "META-INFAIRhash". The 32-bit CRC stored in the local header for this file is not the same as the 32-bit CRC stored in the central header

If I use Winrar to unzip it instead of Winzip I donīt get this error & the META-INFAIRhash is unzipped but I canīt figure out how to make the program work. Clicking on the Versaverter.swf file I get the message that īWindows cannot open this fileī. If I select Adobe Air to open it Adobe Air reports the installer as corrupt & to contact the application author.

Iīd like to see how the latest version works using Adobe Air but itīs beyond me how to install it. Is there a computer savvy person out there that can tell me what Iīm doing wrong or am I correct in concluding that the program doesnīt work because the META-INFAIRhash file is corrupt?

Discussion:
geoffgg has no photo

by: geoffgg
February 9th, 2020
By copying the working Versaverter files from the old Windows 10 system to the new Surface Laptop, I've been able to get Versaverter working on the Surface Laptop.

However, every time I run Versaverter, I need to refresh the database and the application interrogates a database at PawPrint.

Can anybody suggest a way to install the database in my bodged, but sort of operating, application?
geoffgg has no photo

January 22nd, 2020
I find Versaverter an invaluable tool.

However, I wish I could get it to load on my other computers.

I have a Compac HP nx 6320 running 64 bit Windows 10 Pto that Versaverter runs on.

I have a Compac HPnw 8440running Windows 7 Pro that gives me the corrupt file message every time I try to load Versaverter.

I also have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 running Windows 10 Home that tells me the installation file is corrupt.

What must I do to use Versaverter on these other computers.

The nx6320 is soon to be replaced by the Surface Laptop so it's important that I get this program running.

Please help.
geoffgg has no photo

January 22nd, 2020
I find Versaverter an invaluable tool.

However, I wish I could get it to load on my other computers.

I have a Compac HP nx 6320 running 64 bit Windows 10 Pto that Versaverter runs on.

I have a Compac HPnw 8440running Windows 7 Pro that gives me the corrupt file message every time I try to load Versaverter.

I also have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 running Windows 10 Home that tells me the installation file is corrupt.

What must I do to use Versaverter on these other computers.

The nx6320 is soon to be replaced by the Surface Laptop so it's important that I get this program running.

Please help.
geoffgg has no photo

September 3rd, 2018
It's September 2018 and I'm having exactly the same problem. I download the .air file but when I try to run it on a Windows 7 computer, I receive an error message that says the file is corrupt.
Can anybody help?
mareke has no photo

February 7th, 2012
Edit due to double post of my last post.
mareke has no photo

February 7th, 2012
I guess since no-one else has reported this problem it may just be an anomaly with my computer. Odd as thereīs nothing peculiar about my  computer that would cause this that I know. At least itīs sorted and anyone else that has the same issue as me can read this and see what to do.
mareke has no photo

February 7th, 2012
I guess since no-one else has reported this problem it may just be an anomaly with my computer. Odd as thereīs nothing peculiar about my  computer that would cause this that I know. At least itīs sorted and anyone else that has the same issue as me can read this and see what to do.
mareke has no photo

February 7th, 2012
The installer that downloads by clicking on the download link īVersaverter.airī is a zip file not an air file on my computer (using Windows XP). I tried changing the file extension from .zip to .air and then the program successfully installs provided you have deleted any older version of Versaverter from the default install location C:Program FilesVersaverter. Unless you know to change the extension from .zip to .air the program wonīt install. It makes me wander how many people are using the latest version. Very few I suspect unless other people who download the installer get an air file and for some odd reason I get a zip file!
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
February 7th, 2012
Must be some file association on your system - the actual file on the server is .air and if I click it and download it on Win7 or Winxp or Mac itīs always .air Tested in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and IE.

Dunno why itīs not retaining the right file extension for you.

--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
February 7th, 2012
The installer is a .air file it shouldnīt be unzipped. once you have installed Adobe Air - just doubleclick the .air file

Note: Air sometimes chokes on files opened off a networked drive - try copying the .air to a local disk if that was the issue.
--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyVersaverter Support RSS feed for: Versaverter Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net