Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #809

Portrait for cwbillow

by: cwbillow
December 8th, 2007
Universal time format
I cannot make heads or tails out of this format.

What is the logic that I am missing?  How do I convert it to "regular" local format?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Discussion:
Portrait for timmiethegeek

by: timmiethegeek
March 8th, 2008
Universal time format
I agree with joetablaīs post.

The application is very flexible and I display different formats just because I like seeing what they are rather than having to go look them up when I want to know.

opusx has no photo

by: opusx
January 14th, 2008
Universal time format
To confirm, I have Vista ultimate and have the same problem. Some message flashes by as the install tries to start and then nothing. No error, no window, nothing it is like I did not begin the install.
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
December 29th, 2007
Universal time format
I donīt have any Vista based machines so I havenīt tested it - but the not responding on startup tends to be related to the timesync.exe application. Check and ensure Vista isnīt blocking it.

It could also be the hook that attempts to show the time in the windowīs title bar - that may also be causing some kind of violation in Vista.
--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
nilscarlson has no photo

by: nilscarlson
December 28th, 2007
World Time and Vista
I have been using World Time for a year or so on two of my systems (1 Win2K and 1 Win-XP) and itīs worked quite well. I have just got a new notebook with (Ugghhhh) MS-Vista and after downloading and installing WT and attempting to start it up ... it freezes with the message "Not Responding" and then terminates. Is there an issue with WT running under Vista?

Nils in Plano Texas.

Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
December 16th, 2007
Universal time format
It I recall correctly (itīs been a few years since I coded it)

Code comments are wonderful things - here is what I noted in the code.

//Converts The DateTime loaded with UTC into Metric Time as Proposed by Universal-Time.org
//The Following Formats provied the following UTD type strings
//U = U<year> <day>,<time>
//W = U<year> w<week>-<day#>,<time>
//u = U<year> <day> <time>.<time fraction>
//w = U<year> w<week>-<day#>,<time>.<time fraction>
//D = d<day>,<time>
//d = d<day>,<time>.<time fraction>
//V = w<week>-<day#>,<time>
//v = w<week>-<day#>,<time>.<time fraction>
//T = t<time>
//t = t<time>.<time fraction>
--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
joetabla has no photo

by: joetabla
December 16th, 2007
Universal time format
of course for īregularī local time, you would set clock type to īlocalī or īlocationī.  

curious, the īuniversalī clock type isnīt UTC or UT1 (near as i can tell).  itīs something else.  help docs cite universl-time.org (or universal-time.org?), which is offline.

so iīm with you now.  iīm not sure how this format works.

itīs great that there are so many optional clock types (GMST, LMST, Julian, et al.).  local mean sideral time probably being the most useful addition.  cool stuff.

Uploaded Image

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
XDe Modular CMS: PawPrint.net