Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #170

anil has no photo

by: anil
June 12th, 2004
File access denied error
I am getting "File access denied" error when I start "World Time" from Windows XP Limited User Mode then it works fine if I clik ´OK´ button and close that error dialog box. I am not getting this error if I login as an administrator.

Program version: World Time: 5.5.2.748

Is there any way to supress this message?

Discussion:
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
March 22nd, 2007
File access denied error
AH! This note about the administrator access might have something to do with it. I´ll check and see - that might be the solution. There are access rights associated with setting the time and perhaps that is the problem. As Windows is getting more and more locked down - doing something like setting the time from software is becoming more and more difficult.

--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
sam has no photo

by: sam
March 21st, 2007
File access denied error
I have the same "File Access Denied" problem. (same version of World Time, too. Using Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2)  

World Time works like a charm when I log into my Administrator account.  But any of the non-administrator logins get that error.

Is there some file permission thing that needs to be set?

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net