Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #145

charles has no photo

by: charles
May 20th, 2004
WINDOWS XP
Does World Time work with Windows XP PRO?  
Any conflicts with the Windows time sync function via internet?

Website does not mention anywhere what versions of Windows World Time works with.  This should be added!!!
I use it with Windows 2000 and it works great.

Thanks!  I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Discussion:
tompic has no photo

by: tompic
June 2nd, 2004
Re: WINDOWS XP
I am sorry but V6 (at least) is not working on my laptop under XPpro/french.

I can install, lauch a first time, but as soon as I reboot and try to lauch again, I get stuck on the "loading clock" window.

Too bad as I use this software for years ! (spending my life travelling).

Tom, in Seoul today
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
May 25th, 2004
WT doesnīt use any windows utilities for itīs time sync. itīs a completely seperate application. WT dosenīt even touch the Windows registry or system folder since Version 6 - so the only way a winTime synch fail could be related to WT is the two applications competeing for the same port.

Hope that helps a bit.

--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
Portrait for deando_au

by: deando_au
May 25th, 2004
Iīm getting the same RPC error. Leave it with me a day or two. Iīll make some enquiries and get back to you on this one...
--
Regards,
Deano....
Portrait for grugeon

by: grugeon
May 24th, 2004
Mine works fine.  The server is time.windows.com  If you are using a different server that could be the issue.
--
David Grugeon
pklammer has no photo

by: pklammer
May 24th, 2004
World Time ran OK on my Windows XP Pro,
but after a sticky power failure (had to fully unplug from wall to get out of it), my clock was reset to 1/1/2002 (very wierd motherboard CMOS hangup, I guess).
I didnīt notice until much later in the day that my time and date were WAY off, and neither World Time nor Windows gave me any warning.  Now hereīs the troublesome part:
In Windows date/time properties, tab "Internet Time", the "Update Now" button gets error "The RPC Server is unavailable".  No other XP Pro PCīs on the same LAN get this error, and I am still getting it after uninstalling World Time and rebooting twice.  Did World Time break my Internet Time RPC setup?  Or did the power failure hurt something deeper on this PC?  Or am I just an unlucky chucklehead?  Anyone out there tell me: after World Time is installed, doubleclick your system tray time, click the Internet Time tab, click Update Now, and whadya get?
Portrait for deando_au

by: deando_au
May 21st, 2004
I have used both World Time versions (5 & 6 beta) with WindowsXP without any problems.
--
Regards,
Deano....
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
May 21st, 2004
Yes it does (XP,2K,NT,ME,98,95)- I use XP to code it now.

Iīll put that on the site somewhere
--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net