Innovative Web Design and Application Development
PawPrint.net

PawPrint.net Forum

Thread #898

kenwa has no photo

by: kenwa
September 15th, 2009
Installation
Does World Time have to be installed on the system disk or can it be run as a "portable app" on a separate drive or USB disk?

Discussion:
Portrait for samtomlinson

by: samtomlinson
December 26th, 2009
Installation
XP Professional, SP3 - I am the admin for this machine.  any ideas?

Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
December 23rd, 2009
Installation
Which OS is this on? Could it be a permissions issue on the install location?

I know the current incarnation of WT has troubles with perms on Vista and Windows 7
--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.
Portrait for samtomlinson

by: samtomlinson
December 23rd, 2009
Installation PROBLEM ??
I love WT...and have installed it on over 45 machines in my past several years...I had it running on my Dell Latitude D630 laptop just fine, but when I wiped the drive and started over, now I canīt get the 5.5 version to install.  I extract the files to a temp directory, click on install...I get an hourglass for a second or two...and then the whole thing just kinda disappears.  I tried installing v6 (which I like 5.5 better) but it doesnīt work either.  Any idea what might be going on?  I have never had this issue with installation before and I miss my bar of clocks at the top of my monitor.

PLEASE HELP!

Sam
Portrait for sbaker

by: sbaker
September 15th, 2009
Installation
WT installs completely into itīs own folder so yes as long as it can write to itīs config files on the portable drive (ie: the drive canīt be write protected) then yes you can install it anywhere you want.

--
Fair Winds, and watch for squalls from leeward.

RSS feed Feed Description
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feedFull RSS feed Complete RSS feed
Subscribe to the complete PawPrint.net Forum RSS forum feed for this category onlyWorldTime Support RSS feed for: WorldTime Support
A Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed is an xml data file that provides a summary of the information contained here. It is not designed to be viewed in your browser, but instead by rss reader software. If you do not know what this means - you can safely ignore it, as it is provided for advanced users with rss reader software only.

i
To contribute to our forums you must login. New members can register for a user account.

Copyright © 1992-2024 PawPrint.net
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net